Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 22 hours, 34 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

concat bug?

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of aliser
aliser

Hi!

It seems that concat function does not work with cord-seq.
I have loaded only Patterns Library but I don’t see it could colide with OM-build-in-function concat. Perhaps I’m wrong?
I am using OM 6.8 for mac. (Yes I know it’s the old version, but I hate to run for updates as long as it works for me.)
Please, can somebody help me out here?
All the best!

Aliser

January 16, 2018 at 23:17 #24853
Profile photo of anders
anders

Hi Aliser.

There’s no clobbering of anything in OM from the Patterns lib (everything internal is in it’s own package/namespace).

Does concat on two chord-seqs work without the Patterns lib loaded?

What kind of issues do you have with concat vs. chord-seq? If you send us an example patch, screendump, or perhaps try to explain so it’s possible to attempt to reproduce, it might be possible to find bugs or suggest solutions.

-anders

January 17, 2018 at 11:16 #24859
Profile photo of aliser
aliser

Dear Anders,
Thank you very much for answering!
As you said, there is no clobbering of OM/Patterns Lib.
I’ve checked in the source code and found that there is no method in concat function for chord-seq. (There is only for multi-seq, as well as for other containers.)
Hence there is a mistake in function reference (file:///Applications/OM%206.8/resources/reference/concat.html), where it claims that it concatenate also the chord-seqs, but it doesn’t.
Anyway I’ve built my own function that does the job.
Thank you once again for your help and good will!

All the best!

AliĊĦer

January 18, 2018 at 14:00 #24867
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

… it is possible that you are encountering problems that have been fixed in the meantime: OM 6.8 dates back from 2014.

There’s no CONCAT method for chord-seqs, but there exist one for sequence* x sequence* (a sueprclass of chord-seq)

all best
Jean

January 18, 2018 at 14:12 #24868

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.