Spat

Public Group active 4 days, 17 hours ago

User group for Spat, panoramix and ToscA

head-tracker for panoramix ?

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of Ulli Scuda
Ulli Scuda

Dear Ircam developers,

i have recently purchased panoramix and i really like it.

Is there a way to connect an OSC capable head-tracker to it?
Maybe the Hedrot project?

I would be very thankful for any tipps.

best regards,

June 11, 2017 at 22:52 #22563
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi,

Yes, this is possible with panoramix 0.9.8 (new build that I just uploaded).

The OSC syntax to control head-rotation is as follows:
/bus/1/listener/orientation [number][number][number][number] : sets listener orientation (with a quaternion)
/bus/1/listener/yaw [number] : sets listener yaw angle (deg), assuming Euler zyx convention
/bus/1/listener/pitch [number] : sets listener pitch angle (deg), assuming Euler zyx convention
/bus/1/listener/roll [number] : sets listener roll angle (deg), assuming Euler zyx convention

(assuming /bus/1 is a binaural bus)

I’m confident that this could be made compatible with the hedrot tracker.
(@baskind has already achieved it)

Please let us know if this works OK.

Best regards,
T.

June 12, 2017 at 18:21 #22574
Profile photo of Ulli Scuda
Ulli Scuda

Hi,

thank you for the fast response!

I have tried to test the new feature in Panoramix 0.9.8 and 0.9.9, but with both versions i had the problem that i can’t create a binaural bus at all.
When trying to create a binaural bus or load a preset (created with version 0.9.7) containing a binaural bus panoramix crashes (endless spinning rainbow circle).
Jack crashes as well if the panoramix crash happens after it has been recognized in Jack’s Connections.

I have attached a screenshot with my system info.

Best,
U.

Attachments:
  1. Screenshot_System

Screenshot_System.png

June 17, 2017 at 16:36 #22646
Profile photo of Alexis Baskind
Alexis Baskind

Hi Ully,

As far as I know it’s not a crash, but a momentary lock: the first time a binaural module is being opened, Spat5 has to look for SOFA files in the hard drive, and it takes a while. This process should occur on a separate thread to avoid the lock, but obviously it’s not the case yet. Wait something as 1 minute, and you’ll see that it at last works. I already notified the problem to Thibaut.

About your question with the head-tracker: I haven’t tried hedrot with panoramix or spat5 yet, but I don’t see any reason why it should not work. Test it with the preset “spat” in hedrot.

Best,

Alexis

July 15, 2017 at 11:10 #23039

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.