SMC2020/CIM - Joint Conference in Turin
The Sound and Music Computing Conference 2020 and the XXIII Colloquium on Music Informatics will take place in the same venue, from June 22nd to June 24th, the opportunity to organize a joint day on June 24th.
Sound and Music Computing Conference 2020
The 17th Sound & Music Computing Conference will take place in Turin, Italy, 24-26 June 2020 and will be organized by:
- CIRMA and Dipartimento Studi Umanistici (StudiUm), University of Turin;
- SMET (School of Electronic Music), Conservatory of Turin;
- DENERG (Department of Energy “Galileo Ferraris”) and DAUIN (Department of Control and Computer Engineering), Polytechnic University of Turin.
This year's featured topic is Imaging Sound.
The expression is meant to couple (moving) image and sound via the many expressive and technological relations that the two entertain in audio-visual and multimedia contexts.
XXIII Colloquium on Music Informatics
This event will take place in Turin, from June 22nd to June 24th.
The theme of the 2020 edition focuses on one of the most intimate and ineffable aspects of sound and music, that is their evocative power. In fact, they are able to trigger processes within the human being by recalling images, concepts and mnemonic associations, and giving rise to emotions, illusions and synesthesia, as well as creating pervasive and immersive virtual environments.
The XXIII Colloquium on Music Informatics focuses on the deepest cognitive and psychological reflexes caused by listening, thus investigating the ambiguity and fragility, but also the perceptive stability of sonic material. This is relevant not only for musical expression and its languages, but also for today’s and future daily scenarios populated by people, artifacts and virtual representations, whose soundscape can be imagined and designed in detail.
• Opening of the EasyChair portal for submissions: January 15, 2020
• Submission deadline: February 28, 2020
• Notification to authors: April 15, 2020
• Final version: May 15, 2020
Topics of XXIII CIM
Topics of SMC2020
• Auditory display and data sonification
• Automatic separation, recognition, classification of sound and music
• Automatic music generation/accompaniment systems
• Computational musicology and ethnomusicology
• Content processing of music audio signals
• Digital audio effects
• Hardware systems for sound and music computing
• Humanities in sound and music computing
• Interactive performance systems
• Interfaces for sound and music
• Languages, protocols, and software environments for sound and music computing
• Models for sound analysis and synthesis
• Multimodality in sound and music computing
• Music creation and performance
• Music information retrieval
• Music performance analysis and rendering
• Perception and cognition of sound and music
• Social interaction in sound and music computing
• Sonic interaction design
• Sound and music for accessibility and special needs
• Sound and music for augmented/virtual reality and games
• Sound/music and the neurosciences
• Sound/music signal processing algorithms
• Spatial sound, reverberation, and virtual acoustics
• Technologies for the preservation, access and modelling of musical heritage