IRCAM Forum in collaboration with NYU is organizing the annual meeting for sound and music professionals in New York from September 30 to October 3, 2022
Themes: interaction and sound design
Several topics will be addressed: sound processing and spatialization, artificial intelligence, improvisation, collective interaction, soundscapes and sonification. The most advanced researchers and artists in these fields will lead workshops, conferences, installations and concerts.
- New technologies for voice and sound processing and analysis will be presented by researchers Nicolas Obin, Greg Beller, Pierre Guillot and Philippe Esling from Ircam.
- Audio processing products organized by the company Izotope.
- A demonstration of sound spatialization with a WFS system with very high spatial resolution will be proposed by Markus Noisternig from Ircam and Johannes Goebel from EMPAC.
- Sound Design with Nicolas Misdariis, Ircam Research Director and head of the Perception and Sound Design team of the STMS Laboratory, with a synthesis of his work in connection with the composers and sound designers Roque Rivas and Nadine Schütz and Andrea Cera
- Gesture-sound interaction and collective interaction by Frédéric Bevilacqua and Benjamin Matuszewski, researchers at Ircam, in particular for applications to pedagogical devices, a theme also involving Alex Ruttmann.
- Learn to use the DYCI2 environment, a software developed at Ircam that facilitates musical creation thanks to its generative technology. These classes will be concluded by a final demo by Jérôme Nika, researcher and musician specialized in machine-human interaction for music.
- Max For Live VOICE by Greg Beller
September 30, 2022 at La Roulette
Creation conceived by Steve Lehman and Frédéric Maurin. It explores for the first time the possibilities of improvised interactions between instrumentalists and the machine within the French National Jazz Orchestra. In addition, the projection of a film by Catherine Radosa will highlight the compositional processes of this work.
This Forum will be held from September 30 to October 03, 2022 with the support of the French Institute and Izotope.
The Forum's workshops facilitate the dissemination of knowledge on acoustical and musical research around the technologies developed at Ircam. They allow professionals and students from all over the world to cross-reference their questions and research work during several meetings.