Somax2 version 2.5 has seen a complete object redesign and modularisation so every object can be used in application style with full UI or rather in max library style with full programmability / messaging.
The documentation and help has been updated for the entire package. This includes:
- A new, comprehensive user's guide
- 4 video tutorials to learn Somax2
- 5 videos demos on advanced performance usage
- An interactive overview for centralized access to all help, tutorials and templates (somax2.overview.maxpat)
- New maxhelps and reference pages for all objects
- 2 step-by-step tutorials for Somax2 application users
- 7 step-by-step tutorials for Max programmers
- 3 performance strategies tutos for different ways of using Somax musically
- 4 templates to quickly start using Somax concert apps
Goto to Somax2 Forum page for installation
See more at Somax2 Project Page
Somax2 is an application for co-improvisation and composition. It is implemented in Max and is based on a generative model to provide stylistically coherent improvisation, while in real-time listening to and adapting to musicians (or any other type of audio or MIDI source including other Somax agents).